Monday, March 7, 2016

Willingness to be fully seen

    1. Not willing to be fully seen. 

      This one is a profound one. Many of us have things happen in our lives, very often intense and painful things, that teach us to be neither seen nor heard. We learn to shrink into the background or to become so loud and overpowering that nobody can see our authentic selves. While these might appear contradictory, they serve the same purpose, they hide true vulnerability. Hiding our vulnerability keeps us from being full seen.

      While this served a purpose at one time, keeping our psyches safe from further pain, there inevitably reaches a point where it stops serving a purpose and starts sabotaging us from showing up fully for ourselves and our lives. This sabotages us from having the lives and the businesses we want. It's a vicious cycle, one that needs to be broken to be able to have a these things. It needs to be broken to have that Presence that will convince an audience to listen to us. It's our own buying of who we are before anyone else will buy from us or buy our point of view.

      Here's the cold, hard truth about that: if we aren't willing to be fully seen, people will not fully trust us. If people don't trust us, they won't work with us. It's a simple universal truth. We all operate from an innate, deep place of intuition. We know if people don't trust themselves and there is no way we will trust someone who won't trust themselves.

      Think about that person you watched give a presentation and they had killer content, but they were so boring or meek and mild that you didn't even notice the content. That person has unconsciously developed a way of being in plain sight but not being fully present or seen. You certainly didn't feel the urge to buy from this person, did you? The only reason you would buy what this person is selling is if you already knew you absolutely needed it. Now think about the person who comes into the networking meeting and is so loud they capitalize the entire room. What happens when you get into a conversation with this person? You can't wait to get out of it! In fact, sometimes you simply turn around and walk away, just to get away! You cannot see this person for who they really are either. However, instead of being invisible, they are hiding behind loudness. Neither of these let us connect and draw people in. Both of these are the opposite of Captivating PresenceTM.

      I know what it's like to go invisible and not be seen. My childhood was unsafe in about every way imaginable and on top of that, my mother died when I was just shy of 10 years old. I perfected the art of not being present in my body to fix everybody else and to go along to get along. That said, I've spent the last 25 years perfecting the art of being COMPLETELY present in my body. So many people walk around completely OUT of their bodies: hiding who they truly are from themselves and (they think) from others. The truth is, everybody sees everything about us anyway, so we might as well own it, be it, rock it! How do you do this? It's an absolute owning of yourself, your story, your message and everything that you are, think, feel and Be. It is how you are perceived by others and it is a direct communication of how confident you are in yourself, how full out you are participating in your life and how connected you are to your surroundings, specifically any people you are interacting with, a crucial piece in any successful interaction...especially when speaking to groups and interacting with potential clients!

      Many of us have a space of getting nervous before we go on stage or before we make a presentation. Even I do! It's very easy to
      leave our bodies and go into old fears at this time. Here's one tip for not letting this happen: Right before I go on stage, I consciously drop all of me, all of my energy and attention down fully into me. I take all of my attention off of the audience and bring into down into me and through my feet into the ground. I create the feeling of being solid in and for myself. I always start anything I do before an audience this way. It assures that I am fully present for me, the current situation and the people I am serving in that situation. When I create this place of Captivating PresenceTM for myself first, I rock the room. When I don't, I lose it. It's that simple.

      The FASTEST path to the love you want and the money you deserve runs right through your body. Tired of dead-end relationships? The answer is in your body. Wonder why every career you choose ends up being just blah or your efforts to build a thriving business never get you where you want to be? Your body will tell you why you are stuck.  Would you like to find out how to do these things for you?  Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Tracy you are my inspiration. Thank you for your honesty and support. You are the best coach/wizard I know!!

    ReplyDelete