Sunday, September 30, 2012

Patience

Patience.  
Not one of my strong points and yet with my clients working to learn something, many of them comment about how much patience I have.  Dichotomy?  Maybe.  

I want what I want when I want it.  I want situations that I am holding space for and/or creating to become real and true and manifested NOW.  I want what I see for myself and what I see myself doing in the future, my 30,000 feet wide plan, if you will, to be created already!  C'mon, what are you waiting for?!  I set my heart and mind  to something, I do it.  It is what it is.  I have a tendency to get frustrated if how I want something to look, or how I think it should eventually end up looking isn't right here, right now.

Patience and holding space and accepting things just as they are while waiting for what we are intending is a huge piece of the Yin, Feminine Energy.  We are all made up of the Yin and the Yang, Masculine Energy.   Nia teaches us how to balance these on a cellular level through movement.  In myself, the last few years has been very much a journey into the softening, yielding qualities of myself.

Many people say they see and feel it in my classes and in my dance.  Every step I take on this journey of self-growth and honing myself to truly honor myself, truly listen to my heart and soul's desire takes me more and more into the feminine, the softness, the fluidity of The Yin.  Right now, patience is especially huge for me, maybe not ironically, in a few areas in my life.  I work every day to train myself to be patient with myself and my life, just as I am patient with my clients.

I have to remember that everything has perfect timing.  It always does.  Everything is always exactly as it should be and should HAVE been when I look back.  Always.  In my experience, life is a series of steps...this fits into this fits into that, always perfectly.  Always.  One thing has to occur or be created or get cleaned up, etc., for the next thing to occur.  

I know this.  I have known it as far back as I can remember.  I still have a difficult time accepting and trusting in situations where I really, really want it...and I want it NOW!  

The other night/morning, I was awake at 4am and unable to go back to sleep...so I started pulling Angel cards and Healing Cards by Caroline Myss. One of them was:  LET GO OF TIME.   How much do you need to do today?  Must you fill every moment to feel useful or productive?  How much of your life is directed by time?  Answer these questions honestly.  

Again, what do I know?  It all happens perfectly, exactly when it should, that has been proven to me time and time again. I know this, and I still find it challenging to sit with something and let it unfold.  As one of my friends says, I am one of those people who prays, "please God, give me Patience and give it to me now!". I am a work in progress, in many ways...but I keep working and I keep trusting and I keep believing...I KNOW it will all be exactly what it is supposed to be and perfect, no matter what, and DEFINITELY not on my time-table, so I sit and I hold space and I soften into what is...as I hold space for what WILL be, if I just have Patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment