Sunday, September 23, 2012

Brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?". Actually, who are up you NOT to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We are ALL meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in Everyone, and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people dot do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Marianne Wiiliamson

Many of you have heard me read this quote in class. I find beautiful, inspiring and true.

Most of us go through our lives not really knowing how big our hearts, souls and ourselves really are. For many reasons, we play small. Somewhere along the way, we are taught that not being fully ourselves, fully authentic, fully present and not really asking for what we really want in our lives, on ANY level, will make others like us more. Many of us mold as best we can to "fit in". Some of us develop addictions that are ultimately to hide and drown out pain and fear and to keep us from fully showing up. Some of us start to self-sabotage ourselves, and our bodies, in many many other ways.

What would happen if we all really DID show up, all ways, always? What if we had the audacity to really ask for and create the body we want, the life we want...our biggest, greatest, most expansive goal? What would happen?! Can you imagine how luminous and wonderful our lives and our world would be?! Can you imagine how we would all be if we didn't have fear, if we didn't hold back, if we were always our biggest, brightest selves?! What then?! Wow. What an amazing world we would have. Wow.

I realized recently that pursuing what I thought was my biggest and greatest life dream and goal was actually keeping me small and in my box. Wow. What a shocker! Since having this realization, I am stepping more and more into my power. My power as myself. My power taking care of my body. My power as a woman. My power within my work. My power within my life. My power in the world. It's huge and it's not necessarily an EASY road, but it FEELS expansive and right within mySelf and in my Body. It's also amazing how things are just showing up, with ease and joy and grace, not with the force and difficulty that was dominating my life previously. It really is amazing what shows up if you simply embrace you, as you REALLY are, allow whoever you are, whatever you are supposed to do and who you are supposed to be. So what's stopping you? What's keeping you in fear? What's keeping you self-sabotaging? What's keeping you from TRULY shining and being big?

Ask yourself these questions. Listen to the answers. Feel for what feels big and expansive, real and light to you in your body. What have you got to lose, except whatever is holding you back? What have you got to gain? Everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment